One of the more daunting challenges to my beauty regimen was finding a good deodorant. Keep in mind that deodorant and antiperspirant are two very different things that are usually combined in most conventional formulations, but not in naturals. You will still sweat with natural deodorant, but a good one will keep the stink at bay. I am going to list most of the deos I have tested for your benefit because unfortunately many did not hold up to an all night dance party...
- Price: $3-7 at various healthfood stores
- First impression: Very clean smelling. Has propylene glycol :/
- Lasting impressions: I was absolutely horrified at how I smelled after a few hours.
- Price: $3-7 at various drug and health food stores.
- First impression: Wow this smells really, really good! Has propylene glycol :/
- Lasting impressions: Oh dear God I am willing to possibly get cancer to avoid smelling like this ever again!!
- Price: $9.85 from bubbleandbee.com
- First Impression: Geranium Lime? No propylene glycol? Awesome!
- Lasting Impression: A crumbly mess!
- Price: $3-7 at most health food stores.
- First Impression: Yay it's not sticky! Has propylene glycol. :/
- Lasting Impression: Next day go to deo!
- Price: $10.85-$11.85
- First Impression: Wow this really works! No propylene glycol!
- Lasting Impression: Fabulous!
Next we come to one of the greatest discoveries on my hunt for healthy...ETSY! There are a myriad amount of people making their own formulations on this site. I can't go through all of them, so I will just speak about the ones that I have tried and think deserve a try from you as well.
- Price: $7-14
- First impressions: WOW! So many pretty scents!
- Lasting impressions: A texture more like conventionals, and it works!
- Price: $7-14
- First impressions: I SMELL LIKE CAKE!
- Lasting impressions: I STILL SMELL LIKE CAKE!
- Price: $9.95
- First impressions: It's like frosting for your pits!
- Lasting impressions: My absolute favorite!
Bubble and bee recently created the absolute best deodorant I have used and have thus ended my crusade against stink. "Pit putty creams" are everything I was looking for: easy to use, no white marks on your clothing, fantastically scented, healthy ingredients, and above all insanely effective! They have a base of organic shea butter, arrowroot powder, coconut oil, sunflower oil, and aluminum-free baking soda. With scents like geranium lime, lemon clove (my particular favorite), "jasmint", lemongrass, spearmint tea tree, and "super pit putty" which is a blend of lemon clove and patchouli, there is something for almost everyone.
Bubble and bee have recently come out with a new scent of pit putty cream! Orange vanilla!! It smells amazing and I can't wait to try it out on the dance floor and let you know how it works!